22 Feb MUSE NEWS February 22
MUSE NEWS February 22
- Canadian designer takes to the runways in Paris. Born in Jordan and raised in Canada, Rad Hourani is a 32-year-old designer with no formal training, braving the sought after runways in Paris. As both the first ever Canadian and only designer to ever present a unisex collection on the Paris runways, he says his clothes represent neutrality, sexuality, equality, and the idea of escaping the boundaries that many Canadian fashion magazines create.
- Fifty Shades of Grey. Released on Valentine’s Day, the long anticipated recreation of E.L. James’ kinky best-seller set records, earning $94.4 million in the box office. Although Rotten Tomatoes has only given the movie a rating of 26%, the sexy film does feature music by Beyoncé and the Weeknd, and is sure to be a steamy flick.
- If you’re reading this it’s too late. The world was SHOCKED when Drake released his surprise mix tape on February 13th. A mix of the old Drake and new Drake, If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late is 18 tracks of pure genius.
- Tom Ford premieres his FW 2015 show in L.A. Designer Tom Ford made history by premiering his collection in Los Angeles, in the middle of London Fashion Week. Several of his fans specifically missed London Fashion week just to get to his show, because if Tom Ford invites you somewhere, you show up. If you don’t know why this would cause a stir, major designers normally showcase their collections in the top fashion capitals: London, New York, Paris, and Milan. The collection itself was quite a shock as well compared to Ford’s previous work, surprising everyone with deconstruction, denim, and patchwork pieces.
- Selena Gomez graces the cover of V Magazine in denim underwear. In an editorial shot by famed photographer duo Inez and Vinoodh, Gomez is styled in a pair of ultra tight Guess denim shorts/underwear (who knows), voluminous curls, and baby doll inspired make up. Critics have commented on the Lolita-like similarities in the shot, wondering if it was necessary to style Gomez in a way that made her look far younger than her actual age of 22. Others claim the associations are an intentional commentary on Gomez’s history as a child star, while still others simply focus on Gomez’s appearance— she does look gorgeous. Where do you stand on the cover shot?
- First glimpse of Game of Thrones alum Jason Momoa as Aquaman. Fans finally get a sneak peak at the justice league character Aquaman, and no, the costume does not involve green tights and bright orange scales. Zac Snyder tweeted the image, showing Momoa in a fierce pose with black, scale-like tattoos, a trident, and armour, a completely different approach to the classic character. Aquaman is set to appear in Justice League Part One due in 2017, and will have his own movie set for release in 2018.
Michael Kirreh and Rylee Elfert, Frosh Representatives