15 Feb MUSE NEWS February 15
MUSE NEWS February 15
- Miley Cyrus submits art film to NYC Porn Festival, gets rejected. In an attempt to be seen as a true “artist,” Miley Cyrus debuted herself at Art Basel last year with work that can only be described as “interesting”: a five foot tall sculpture of a bong and vibrator. This year, Cyrus submitted a “pop take on S&M” directed by Quentin Jones. Watch the video here: http://www.nylon.com/articles/miley-cyrus-nyc-porn-film-festival
- Kanye West debuts a new song featuring Sia and Vic Mensa at his Adidas Yeezy Boost Fashion Show. Not only did West debut his anticipated collection for Adidas, including the 750 Yeezy Boost shoes retailing for $350, he debuted “Wolves,” the first song off his new album, featuring Sia and Vic Mensa. Watch the show and song here: http://pitchfork.com/news/58456-kanye-west-debuts-wolves-featuring-sia-and-vic-mensa-at-adidas-yeezy-boost-fashion-show/
- Obama makes a Buzzfeed video. President Barack Obama makes a Buzzfeed video called Things Everybody Does But Doesn’t Talk About. In the video, Obama, and a Buzzfeed employee are shown in side-by-side comparisons of the little things everyone does but doesn’t admit. The video is intended to raise awareness for the new lowered healthcare prices in the United States. Watch the video here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewgauthier/the-president-uses-a-selfie-stick#.afpGxqLyw
- Pitch Perfect 2. Well, the trailer for “Pitch Perfect 2” came out this week, and that’s exactly what it was: perfect. Measuring up to the first movie is a difficult task, but by the looks of it, this movie is going to deliver just the right combination of girl power and humor. I can’t wait.
- Jamie Brewer models for New York Fashion Week. Jamie Brewer, the actress commonly known for her role as Nan on the show “American Horror Story: Coven”, made history this week by being the first ever model with Down Syndrome to walk the runway for New York Fashion Week. Jamie, both beautiful and inspiring, took to the catwalk for designer Carrie Hammer, whose runway theme was “Role Models Not Runway Models”.
- The 2015 Grammy’s. Music’s biggest night never fails to disappoint, and this year it was quite the ceremony. Sam Smith stole the show at his first ever Grammy’s, winning 4 of 6 of his nominations, including “Song of the Year” for his hit “Stay with me”. Beck won “Album of the Year” and Kanye couldn’t help but “jokingly” crash the stage again in Beyoncé’s defense, mocking the infamous Kanye and T-swift incident in 2009. Don’t worry though, Bey still received several well-deserved Grammy’s, amongst many other amazing artists that night.
Michael Kirreh and Rylee Elfert, Frosh Representatives