MUSE NEWS February 1, 2015
- Naomi Campbell walks the runway as a bridal bouquet for Jean Paul Gaultier’s couture show. The collection was inspired by bridal wear and was appropriately named “61 Façons de Se Dire ‘Oui’”, or “61 Ways to Say ‘Yes’”. The show featured fun and whimsical looks- from a bee keeper inspired wedding gown on model Lindsey Wixson, to crazy hair pieces, the show is an absolute must-see. Most couture shows end their finale with an elaborate wedding gown, however Jean Paul Gaultier decided instead to send Campbell down the catwalk in sheer green mesh, a plastic wrap, and orchids. See the show here.
- 2 Chainz supposedly wants to run for mayor of Georgia City. Recently, the rapper Tauheed Epps, more commonly known by his stage name 2 Chainz, said he wanted to run for mayor against Jack Longino, who has been in office for over 18 years. It may be difficult to take him seriously, with his rapping about women, money, marijuana and all, but some of his fans are actually supporting him on social media, saying that they would vote for him. You do you 2 Chainz.
- Karl Lagerfeld does it again with the Chanel Spring Summer Haute Couture show. Lagerfeld will always find a way to stay on top, and his couture show was just another example of his outstanding eye for fashion. The couture show strayed away from the traditional monochromatic colour scheme that Chanel is known for, and went for a vibrant, garden-themed collection. The collection was a mix of gorgeous textures, elaborate folding techniques, new spins on florals, and ethereal fashion. The show was presented in a man-made garden fashioned out of cardboard in the Grain Palais in Paris. See the show here
- Cole dedicates his home to an amazing cause. First things first, if you haven’t listened to J. Cole’s new album Forest Hills Drive, you are missing out. On an even more important note, Cole recently announced on a podcast with The Combat Jack Show that he is going to open up the home in which he was raised to single mothers and their families. Opening up about his own childhood during the interview, he said wants the home to be rent-free and a place where mothers and their children can feel safe and comfortable. Check out the full interview here (I promise it’ll be the best podcast you’ve listened to in 2015.)
- Kanye West released his video for the song “Only One” ft. Paul McCartney. The video starts with West running towards the viewer, with the cameraman laughing in the background in a style that could not be called anything other than creepy. The video is created to look like an adorable father and daughter home video. A special mention also goes out to how on fleek North’s style is. Watch the video here.
Michael Kirreh and Rylee Elfert, Frosh Representatives