MUSE NEWS March 8, 2015
- Alexander Wang premieres an archival collection of Balenciaga at Paris Fashion Week. Head designer of Balenciaga, Alexander Wang, presented an archival collection, taking the viewer through many of the iconic moments the fashion house has had. The show began with a performance by Lady Gaga, who strutted down the runway and took her seat. The fashion house then began to display gorgeous monochromatic designs with exaggerated collars and peplums. Critics had mixed views on Wang’s decision to go archival: some said that Wang’s presentation fell short of Balenciaga as a brand. A Balenciaga biographer remarked that Balenciaga’s silhouettes were “made for a living, moving, avid body”, whereas the models that Wang sent down the runway were dressed in thick fabrics, hindering their runway struts.
- Lady Gaga to appear on Season Five of American Horror Story. Word has it that the creators of AHS have scouted Lady Gaga to appear on the show’s next season, themed “Hotel”. Gaga took to Twitter to make the announcement, and released a video telling her fans to “make [their] reservations now”. Apparently it was a difficult process to get the singer onto the show, as a character had to be created who was perfectly tailored to fit Gaga’s abilities as an actress. Watch the video Lady Gaga shared here: https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/570621925908566016
- Cate Blanchett adopts a baby girl. The actress was seen holding her new daughter at the Sydney airport in Australia. The actress’ publicist has confirmed that she is the adopted daughter of Blanchett and husband, Andrew Upton. The couple already has three sons, and now has a beautiful addition to their family: Edith Vivian Patricia Upton.
- Kim K Goes Platinum? Okay, so the memes and the jokes going around about Kim Kardashian’s new hair colour may be pretty hilarious, but they are also sort of mean. Kim cut her locks short not too long ago, but recently said that it was time for a change, deciding to go platinum blonde for the first time since 2012 to attend the Balmain fashion show.
- Battle over “Blurred Lines”. Rumor has it that Marvin Gaye is attempting to sue Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams for infringing on his copyrights and taking parts of his song “Got to Give It Up” for their hit “Blurred Lines”. Thicke admitted that he asked Williams to write a song similar to Gaye’s song, but that they never intended to use actual parts from the tune.
- Ben & Jerry’s Embraces the Greenery. In Vermont, marijuana is legal and their main dessert manufacturer, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, announced that they are in fact open to making weed-infused ice cream if it were to become legal. The very green and environmentally conscious state could soon be making history; such a duo has never been seen on a commercial scale. Sweeeeeet.
Michael Kirreh and Rylee Elfert, Frosh Representatives