29 Mar MUSE NEWS: March 29, 2015
MUSE News March 29, 2015
- ISSUE X! In case you missed the celebration on Thursday, MUSE launched our tenth issue thanks to all of our amazing executives, print and online contributors, and of course all of our readers and supporters (we couldn’t do it without you guys!). This issue features more tributes to the underground talent at Queen’s and some rad photo shoots, and we’re insanely proud of the outcome. Missed out on your free copy? Check it out on our website!
- Rihanna drops “Bitch Better Have My Money”. Not only is Ri Ri the new face of Dior, but she spoiled us by releasing her new single “Bitch Better Have My Money” from her eighth studio album. With similar sounds to “Pour It Up”, Rihanna sounds a little angrier than usual, even adding machine-gun ad-libs in the background. Her goal was not to play nice, and she proved that she doesn’t have to live up to certain expectations of her ‘good girl’ persona. I have no doubt that this single will sell out arenas and make clubs turn up.
- Kendall Jenner is the new face of Calvin Klein. Kendall broke the news on her Twitter that she is now the face of Calvin Klein Jeans with a drop dead gorgeous (as per usual) picture. Kendall is photographed wearing athletic, logo-driven pieces with wet hair, clean skin, and bold brows. She is featured posing next to male model Simon Nessman. Calvin is sure that Kendall’s influence on social media and her already successful use of the hashtag #mycalvins on Twitter will bring plenty of attention to the relaxed street style brand.
- Teen girls post videos of themselves crying in reaction to Zayn Malik leaving One Direction. As you probably know, Zayn left One Direction and the Internet went wild. Girls began posting videos of them crying in reaction to the devastating news. Watch them here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/teens-mourn-zayn#.ooPyZY8xO
- Iggy Azalea proves she’s far from the “Queen of Rap”. A video of Iggy Azalea has resurfaced showing the singer rapping incoherently and has caused an online rumble. Several vines have been made mocking the rapper for trying to emulate the Eminem style of quick rapping. It seems like Iggy just can’t catch a break. We’re honestly not sure if it’s even English. Watch the video here: https://youtu.be/LvcYypNSERo
- Cate Blanchett loses patience in an awkward interview. In an interview with The Project TV, the actress endured an awkward interview with inappropriate topics that ran far from her purpose of being there – the release of her film Cinderella. The interviewer attempted to be personable but came off as uninspired, eventually causing Blanchett to lose her patience and ask, “Is that your f*cking question?” Watch the interview here: http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/cate-blanchett-gives-great-junket-interview.html
Michael Kirreh and Rylee Elfert, Frosh Representatives
Images: MTV, Rickey.org, Wikipedia, Fashionista.com, NY Mag