MUSE NEWS March 15, 2015
- Zoolander Hits The Runway. Actors Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson walked the runway at the Valentino show during Paris Fashion Week, unleashing their inner Derek Zoolander and Hansel McDonald. Apparently the fashion show was their way of announcing the release date of Zoolander 2, set to come out in 2016.
- Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck. Directed by Brett Morgen and taking over seven years to make, the new documentary covers the short life of singer Kurt Cobain. The film was shown at the Sundance Film Festival, and ultimately is meant to capture the chaos, as well as the happy moments, in Kurt’s life. The documentary consists of footage from his childhood, home videos, and unreleased audio recordings, and premieres May 4th, 9pm ET/PT on HBO.
- Ciara Is Still Flawless. The singer recently made a comeback, debuting her new music video for her first single “I Bet” from the new album Ciara never fails to be anything but flawless: from teaching us to 1, 2 step to the beautiful Instas she put up throughout her pregnancy, Ciara has still got it.
- Chanel turns the Grand Palais into a brasserie for the Fall/Winter 2015 Show. Karl Lagerfeld is known for his outrageous ideas that keep Chanel a household name. From hosting a feminist protest at a fashion show to a crystal garden, Lagerfeld has most recently opted to showcase his designs at a makeshift restaurant titled Brasserie Gabrielle. As usual, the clothes were extraordinary; follow this link to see the latest “ready-to-wear” Chanel designs: http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/fall-2015-ready-to-wear/chanel
- It’s official: Kylie Jenner and Tyga are a real thing (almost). After months of denial from both parties, and a very public fight between Khloe Kardashian and Amber Rose, Tyga has finally revealed his love for Kylie Jenner through Instagram, posting a photo of her with the caption: “Certain things capture your eye, but only a few capture the heart”. Kylie Jenner is 17, and Tyga is 25. Although this doesn’t necessarily confirm the rumours, it’s about as close as Tyga’s admitted to having an emotional relationship with the reality star.
- Cast of Orange Is The New Black covers “Don’t Talk To Me”. With the third season premiere of Orange Is The New Black only three months away, the cast treated their fans to a hilarious video to get them excited. The video features fan favourite cast members, all singing “Don’t Talk To Me”. The song is inspired by Leanne’s (Emma Myles) “Stop, Don’t Talk To Me” featured in Season Two, which was parodied and remixed since the episode’s release. Click here to watch the video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR9pQ9EWA3E
Michael Kirreh and Rylee Elfert, Frosh Representatives
Images: Rolling Stone, Billboard.com, Entertainment Weekly, EOnline, Style.com