MUSE NEWS – January 18, 2015
- John Galliano premieres his first artisanal collection as the Creative Director of Maison Martin Margiela. The fashion world has missed Galliano’s out of this world designs that have taken couture to new heights. After being dismissed as the head designer of Christian Dior in 2011, Galliano has not had any major showings other than his temporary residency at Oscar de la Renta. Galliano’s collection for Margiela showcased gorgeous art pieces that are the sublime definition of deconstructed construction. Galliano’s return was highly anticipated and received excellent reviews from the fashion world as per usual.
- Target shutting down all stores in Canada. It seems that Target’s success in Canada was overestimated and has lead to the company’s decision to suspend all operations. For the past two years, Target has been losing millions of dollars trying to remain open and accounting for its massive staff team of 17,600. The company plans on exiting Canada in a way that is fair to all of its employees, and will remain open during its liquidation after gaining court approval.
- Jamie Lynn Spears pulls out a knife at a Pita Pit in an attempt to break up a fight. The Zoey 101 star was with a friend at a Pita Pit in Louisiana when a massive brawl broke out, knocking her friend to the ground. The security camera footage shows Spears going behind the counter, finding a very large knife, and wielding it at the men. Watch the security footage here
- Mary Kate and Ashley share a little tip. Those stunning sisters, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, let everyone in on how they never fail to look flawless in every photo: before every picture, they simply whisper the word “prune”. So long to “say cheese”- 2015 is the era of “prune”.
- The Golden Globes 2015. On Sunday, January 11th 2015, it was the 72nd annual Golden Globes Awards, hosted by the hilarious and fearless duo Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. The movie Boyhood took three Globes for Best Director, Best Actress, and Best Drama, followed by the movie Birdman with two Globes. Among the many other highlights of the night, George Clooney’s small tribute to Robin Williams and the victims of Paris stands out. Clooney also walked away with the Cecil B. DeMille Award for achievement and made a tear-jerking toast to his gorgeous wife, Amal.
- Eminem meets with terminally ill fan. Gage Garmo, a seventeen-year-old boy from Michigan living with terminal bone cancer, was granted his one wish when rapper Eminem showed up for a visit. Garmo’s wish was fulfilled thanks to the Rainbow Connection, a wish-fulfilling organization and social media campaign based in Michigan for terminally ill children. His friends and family were happy to see a smile on Garmo’s face when Eminem made his wish come true. Unfortunately, Garmo passed away a day after the visit.
Michael Kirreh and Rylee Elfert, Frosh Representatives