08 Feb MUSE NEWS February 8
MUSE NEWS February 8, 2015
- Beyoncé releases a remix for her iconic hit “Crazy In Love”. As a part of the 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack, Beyoncé released a more sinister, and sexier, version of the 2003 single. The track is a much slower and darker version of the original upbeat song that we all once strutted to back in the day. The soundtrack also features Bey’s own remix of her more recent song “Haunted”. Both tracks are a must hear and will be the perfect addition to your Valentine’s day playlist—after all, who could cover Beyoncé better than Beyoncé? Listen here: http://www.nylon.com/articles/beyonce-50-shades-of-grey-remixes
- Vivienne Westwood partners with Opening Ceremony to release a “greatest hits” collection. Vivienne Westwood has been around as a designer for several decades and is famously known for her outlandish and rule breaking designs. This coming year, Westwood has partnered with Opening Ceremony to rerelease a collection of her most famous designs, including one of the first pairs of sneakers to be seen on the runway.
- Controversy over Vanity Fair’s Hollywood Issue. There has been criticism surrounding the recent release of the Vanity Fair Hollywood Issue cover image, due to the lack of diversity in regards to the actors featured. Last year, there were over 50% of non-white actors shown, while this year there are only two out of the ten: David Oyelowo and Oscar Issac. Other celebrities who appear in the Annie Leibovitz image include Channing Tatum, Amy Adams, Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones, Benedict Cumberbatch, Sienna Miller, and Miles Teller.
- Winnie Harlow models for Desigual. Toronto’s very own model, Harlow, became Desigual’s official brand ambassador and will be walking in their fashion show this week in New York. The Spring/Summer Campaign for 2015 is titled “Say Something Nice”, and Chantelle’s stunning natural beauty and fierce carriage make her the perfect fit for the brand. Chantelle has a skin pigmentation disorder known as vitiligo, and is known for never having let it affect her career or her confident personality; in fact, it is what her makes her so unique and an asset to these brands. She should be a role model for all.
- Justin Biebers shoes sell for $62,000.00. An eBay auction that helped to support Stratford Ontario’s House of Blessing food bank raked in thousands of dollars this year. Among Biebs’ personal items sold to fans was a pillowcase for more than $3,000.00 and a pair of shoes that brought in $62,000.00. Biebs’ grandparents signed a certificate of authenticity for all items, and donated their own items to the food bank as well.
- New image shows J-Law posing nude with a snake coiled around her. Jennifer Lawrence posed nude on a wooden floor in a previously unreleased image from her Vanity Fair photo shoot, and although she herself did look fab doing it, it’s hard to not focus on the gigantic boa constrictor posing on top of her. Shot by famous fashion photographer Patrick Demarchelier, the shoot’s stylist Jessica Diehl explained that Jennifer “has the perfect combination of strength, sexuality, and humour… to pull this off”— you go girl.
Michael Kirreh and Rylee Elfert, Frosh Representatives