05 Apr MUSE NEWS: April 5, 2015
MUSE NEWS: April 5, 2015
- David Beckham and James Corden’s Underwear Line. David Beckham was featured on The Late Late Show with James Corden, revealing his sexy new (and not real) underwear line with a hilariously brilliant sketch for the show. The commercial is both a mix between hot (I mean, just look at David Beckham) and humorous. You have to check it out, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xau8s_g-lQk
- WestJet’s Smart Seats. Among the many clever April Fool’s pranks pulled by big companies, West Jet and their pitching of the ideal “Smart Seat” was one of the best. The seats board you on and off planes, whether you are reclined or sitting upright. It could be believable some day with advancing technology, right? Watch the airline’s video showcasing this “new invention”, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oyQO-H9YxM
- FKA Twigs and Robert Pattison Are Engaged. Twilight star Robert Pattison and singer/songwriter Tahliah Barnett, aka FKA Twiggs, are engaged. T-Pain accidentally broke the news in an interview with Vulture, claiming it to be an April Fool’s joke, but People Magazine has confirmed that these two lovebirds have in fact sealed the deal.
- Rihanna Pranks Jimmy Kimmel. In honour of her new song “Bitch Better Have My Money”, Rihanna and her crew paid Jimmy Kimmel an unexpected visit in the dead of night before her appearance on his show as yet another April Fool’s prank. Check out her performance, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-w8lEL_0y4
- Cara Delevingne Performs Alongside Pharrel, Beyoncé Attends, and Chanel announces E-Commerce for 2015 at the Restaging of the Metiers d’Art Show in NYC. The Metiers d’Art Show was a restaging of the 2014/2015 Chanel collection that had already premiered in Salzburg last year, however Lagerfeld brought the show to New York to showcase once again the talents that the fashion house had to offer. Although she performed only for a small part of the private concert, Cara Delevingne showed us that she is indeed a triple threat. See the full concert, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd5jBsMWdlk.
- Avril Lavigne has Lyme Disease. After disappearing from the music scene for several months, Avril Lavigne graced the cover of People Magazine after opening up about her battle with Lyme disease. “There were definitely times I couldn’t shower for a full week because I could barely stand,” the singer told People. “It felt like having all your life sucked out of you.” Now stating that she is feeling much better, she will be releasing a new single this month in honour of the Special Olympics.
As this is our last Muse News of the year, we would like to say thank you and goodbye to our readers! We hope you have enjoyed our weekly updates as much as we have enjoyed writing them.
Michael Kirreh and Rylee Elfert, Frosh Representatives
Images: Aplus, People.com, Daily Mail, PopSugar, Westjet, EW.com